Friday, February 10, 2012

I Have a Purple Passion!

I know, I know! February is all about pink and red. But wait until you see the world, not through rose colored glasses but PURPLE ones!

It all began with the new breakfast smoothie I made yesterday morning. My sweet cousin Donna gave me the idea to put oatmeal in a smoothie so I did what every other well connected modern women would do - I googled it! Look at what I found... YUM!!!

I call it Purple Passion! You will find the recipe at the bottom.

I have loved the color purple my whole entire life. I think there really is no other color like it in the spectrum. Purple has the power to excite and soothe all at the same time. It can be bold and dramatic or soft as a cloud. Put red and purple next to each other and you've got something clammoring for your attention, but add a bit of yellow with your purple and see how soft and unassuming it becomes. Well enough words, let's look at some purple in action.

Concord Crush and Real Red Valentine made by Janet Baker. Janet's cute little candy pouch is made with the Top Note Die (I LOVE my Big Shot!) and the Heart and banner are from Take It To Heart stamp set.
This lovely card was made by Shelia deCordova for Leadership. I love the way she used the new Label Framelits by Stampin' Up! Shelia also used another new stamp set from the Occasions Mini - Apothecary Art.
This adorable purple polka dot was made by Amy Storrie. Wisteria Wonder & Pool Party are colors featured in the Sweet Shop Product Suite. The suite has Designer Papers, Designer Stickers, Sweet Shop Jelly Bean Brads and much more!!
Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant make a nice frame for Monica Wood's card. Monica also used the Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen for a pretty water colored effect.
This is a card I made awhile back. Added a paper pieced quilt square to Baja Breeze and ran it through the Vintage Wallpaper  Embossing Folder (I LOVE my Big Shot!). I framed the whole thing in Perfect Plum and added a cute tag from the Four Frames stamp set.
I hope this makes you want to go create in purple!! If so, leave me a comment. Or better yet, send me a picture! I've got something special (and purple) to give away today so don't be shy.

The winner of the His & Hers Valentines Card Pack is......................drum roll, please............................
.......Belinda Stone!!! Congrats B! I'll get your Valentines over to you this weekend or you can stop in Saturday morning for Stamp Club.

Speaking of Stamp club - we have soooo much fun and you can join us!! We meet once a month and make fun stuff. If you'd like more info. shoot me an email at inkcentric@yahoo.com or give me a call at 396-2552. We are meeting this Saturday from 10:00 to 12:30 and Monday morning from 10:00 to 12:30. Make up class (if you can't come to either of those) will be on Tuesday evening. We always have room for new friends at My Stamping Table!


Smoothie Time!!!
PURPLE PASSION SMOOTHIE - Jann's version

1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup plain 0% fat Greek yogurt

1 banana, peeled

1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats

1 Tbsp honey

1 cup Almond Breeze unsweetened with Vanilla
2 oz. Liquid Aloe
1 tsp Wild Berry Burst Greens Plus
1 cup ice

Blend and enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love purple as well, so will go and find a card I have done and post it for you..happy 20th anniversay. You have become one of those people i met through Stampin Up who I never want to loose contact with. Your face is always smiling, that is what i love about you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Tamzin, I feel exactly the same way about you!! You are one fun chick and I can't help smiling (and laughing) when I'm around you. Can't wait to see your purple card. :) Thanks for the sweet comment!
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete