Tuesday, January 31, 2012

2 Cards and a Smoothie!

Hello friendly friends!
Today I have 3 fun things to show you! First - I got this cute card from my BDA, Ashley (hi Ashley! Can you see me waving to you?) Let me back up a bit. For those of you that are not hip to Stampin' Up lingo, a BDA is a Business Development Advisor , sort of a business coach, but mostly someone to brainstorm with and an accountability buddy. Well Ashley is mine and she is great!! Always encouraging and supportive, but has a way of asking just the right questions to help hammer out my plans. She sent this card to me  for my 20th Year Anniversary! ( Maybe you haven't heard, but I just celebrated my 20th year as a Stampin' Up demonstrator! lol :)) Isn't that just too sweet of her?! Thank you Ashley! Love ya!!!
Ashley's Card
The next fun card is one that I made to hand out to my neighbors with the March of Dimes donation envelope. I thought I could combine 2 of my favorite things - Valentine's cards and healthy babies! I have been the Mother's March volunteer for my block for the last 4 or 5 years, but haven't had great success in bringing in donations. When the March of Dimes folks called again this year I told them I didn't seem to do well in the past but I'll try again. The nice lady on the other end of the phone said it was important to get donations, of course, but the most important thing is to bring awareness and get the information out about the steps women can take to increase the odds of a healthy baby. So this year I'm adding this cute little 3x3 Valentine with a note saying, "Give this Valentine Love Note to someone you love that started out life as a baby!" teehee  I hope this increases the number of people that will read the info and make a donation. Keep you finger crossed (if you were lucky enough to be born with all of them).

Finally, and most yummy, it's "Smoothie of the Day!"
I got a VitaMix for Christmas! I LOVE IT!!! It makes any and everything and I haven't even scratched the surface of possibilities yet. My delightful girl child (woman - she is 29, Yikes!) and I are having so much fun trying different smoothies recipes. This one was delish!
Here's the recipe:

Coconut Kale Smoothie Recipe

  • 4 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1 orange, peeled ( I used a tangelo)
  • 1/2 medium banana, peeled
  • 1 1/2 cup kale, chopped
  • 1 lime, peeled
I also added 2 oz. of Liquid Aloe Vera, 1 tsp. of Kyo -Greens, and 1 T. of Hemp Hearts, then blend with 5-6 ice cubes. Delicious and nutritious. I got this recipe for Incredible Smoothies on Facebook.
I wish I knew how to link you there, but I don't. I'll add that to the long list of "Things I need to learn for my blog". 

Have a great day everyone! I hope it has some "smooth" stamping in it!!
Love ya - jann

P.S. Please say hello - don't be shy. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can link it for you, Jann. After your blogs are posted, just come back in here and click the "f" you see there under your name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey great Celia! I'll try it. Thanks for the tip and for talking back to me. :)

    ReplyDelete