Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello 2012!!!

Happy New Year!
I had the best time this morning. "What did I do", you ask? Well, let me tell you about it. I got to spend the morning with an amazing group of creative women - and we were all in our PJs!
Instead of have our regular monthly meeting of my Stampin' Up! family, we had a Virtual Meeting. I called it "INK 'n PJs". We had lots of sharing and chatting and even several challenges. I asked everyone to tell me one thing they would like to accomplish in their Stampin' Up! business by the end or our year, which ends June 30, and one action step they will take to get there. Wow! What great goals, and I believe everyone is willing to work hard to achieve them. Together we will encourage each other and hold each other accountable to do our best. Just doesn't get any better than that!

One of my goals is to NOT NEGLECT MY BLOG. So, I am really going to try to post at least once a week (or more often, when I can) and show more stamped art. Let me know what you think. I love to hear from you!!

I mentioned  the challenges we had today, well here is one of them.
 My dear friend, Margaret found this sketch for us to use as inspiration for our own work. There were some really great cards created.
This is the card I created from the sketch. I changed the shape from rectangle to square and used the Scallop Square Clear die in my Big Shot to create the card base in Marina Mist. (I love my Big Shot!!) I just got my new Pennant Builder Wheel and decided that would make a cute piece in place of the solid strip across the middle. I wheeled 3 times, each in a different color- Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi & Melon Mambo. Then cut it out and layered the different color pennants. I used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (I love my Big Shot!!) on the white square to give it fun texture and layered that on a piece of Wild Wasabi. Then I stamped the birthday cake and sentiment from Bring On the Cake stamp set and layered those on top. I think it turned out pretty cute, don't you? If you would like to try this sketch I'd love to see what you come up with. Shoot me a picture and I'll feature it on my blog and "reward" you. 

Well, I don't want to over do it, so that's all for now. Please leave me a comment if you like my card. I love to hear from you!!

Thanks for visiting My Stamping Table.
jann

No comments:

Post a Comment