Saturday, January 28, 2012

Celebrating 20 Years of Stamping with You!

Woohoo! I'm ready to party like it's 1992! That's the year I sign my contract to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - 20 YEARS AGO TODAY!!! Of course, all I wanted was everything in the catalog, and at a discount. (That's how it goes when you are indecisive. lol) I embossed those 3 little angels in gold EP and I was hooked for life, and...well...the rest is history.

I am humbled and tremendously blessed by the friendships, experiences, and growth I have gained by being a stamping business owner. How fun it is that I get to create lovely things and help others create and grow, AND all the while we keep learning and sharing with each other. Not a bad way to make a living, huh?

I am filled with gratitude and thankfulness that this opportunity has allowed me to be a stay-at-home mom. Not that it was always easy or without sacrifice, like the time I loaded my car to head out for a workshop and I had a crying toddler cling-on. We managed to carve him off of me only to have him escape the arms of an older sibling, cut thru the back yards and meet me as I left the neighborhood. Oh my, that determined little guy is now leaving my nest and I have the same urge to wrap myself around his leg and beg him to stay. Maybe I will cut through the backyards and meet HIM as he leaves the neighborhood. <sigh>

Looking back over the years I realize the growth and experiences I would have missed by not staying the course. Having no real business skills, I found a niche in Stampin' Up where I could learn to be a business women, enjoy creativity, share the experience with many diverse women and become successful in what I do. I am again humbled to think that I have achieved some pretty neat milestones throughout these 20 years. One such milestone was being named number 53 in the top 100 demonstrators and invited to attend Founder's Circle. Wow! That was an experience of a lifetime! I also have gotten to take my sweetie to Hawaii and Alaska (oh he earned it just as much as I did! haha!)
and we are currently working on Fiji!! I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging. I truly am not. As I recollect these events I am struck by the thought that if I can do this - anyone can do this!

Well I have rambled on long enough. Thanks for indulging me a few minutes and reading this. At the end of the day I just hope and pray that I have made a positive impact in someone else' life. If I have had even half the impact that you, my friends, loyal customers, partners in stamping crime, have had on me - job well done! 


Now for some pictures!!

















































Whew! You still here? That wasn't a WALK down memory lane, that was a LONG HIKE!!! Thanks for sharing in my special moment. I love you!!!
From My Stamping Table to Yours,
jann

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful SU story Jann! You are such an inspiring example to all of us! Congratulations!! Love you! Debbie Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jann on your 20th anniversary with Stampin' Up! I hope they still have that die for me in 17 years! Thank you for the cute 20 year box and licorice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed all the old pics of so many stamping friends! It warmed my heart! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, dear Jann! We've been through lots together here and at conventions, retreats, meetings, etc. and I have great memories of being your roomie for many of those events!! You've worked hard to earn your success and may it continue!! I'll be here cheering for you!! Happy 20th Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures!! These bring back lots of memories and a little tear to my eyes. Fun times!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful bunch of fun I have to look forward to. I'm about, well, 18 years shy of your history but I'm sure I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, friends for leaving me such sweet comments. It has truly warmed my heart. Monica and Celia, I will keep the "20" in a safe place for you. I know you both will make it. :)
    Debbie, so fun to hear from you. We miss you! When are you coming to visit us?
    Margaret, dear friend, we do have a fun history and is to be continued.
    Thanks again!
    Love you,
    jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 20th Anniversary, Jann! You are a delight to have as a friend and upline! Even though we don't see each other often, I am sure glad when we do! Thanks for always being so encouraging and uplifting. You are a true gift to Stampin' Up and us gals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you D'Arcy! It was good to see you at Leadership! (Brief but good!) If you get to convention this year be sure to let me know. I hope things are going well for you in Hawaii. (so jelly!)
      Love ya
      -jann

      Delete
  9. Happy Anniversary Jann!! I am so happy for you!! i am proud to call you my friend & wish you the best over the next 20 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Heidi! Thank you for being a part of my stamping story. I hope you can make one of our meetings sometime again. I know it's a bit of a drive for you now.
      Please keep me posted on your stamping life (and other life too- haha)
      love ya
      -jann

      Delete